This Structure in Graphs of Polynomial Functions lesson plan also includes:
Don't allow those polynomial functions to misbehave! Understand the end behavior of a polynomial function based on the degree and leading coefficient. Learners examine the patterns of even and odd degree polynomials and apply them to their understanding of end behavior.
- Have pupils use a graphic organizer to record the patterns of end behavior in polynomials
- Use board work with the practice problems to allow for quick understanding checks
- Uses concepts form the previous lesson in the 42-part series
- Uses exploration to develop an understanding of the end behavior of polynomial functions
- Provides lesson notes and scaffolding ideas to allow for differentiation within classes