The Supreme Court is set up to practice a concept known as Judicial Review. Scholars investigate the structure of the court system in the United States government and politics. They use a short video, the 19th of a 50-part unit, to analyze how a case ultimately ends up in a federal court or even the Supreme Court.
- Role play a Supreme Court hearing using a real case and arguments
- Extend lesson with research on the current Supreme Court and cases on their docket
- Video clip is less than 10 minutes in length
- Lesson includes a Thought Bubble animating the concept for visual learners
- Resource introduces several different courts and primary source information for learning