This Study Jams! Atoms: Protons, Neutrons, Electrons lesson plan also includes:
- Join to access all included materials
What's smaller than a kiwi seed? Atoms! Basic atomic structure is detailed for beginning chemists in a light-hearted animation. Protons and neutrons are explained as part of the nucleus, and so are electrons that encircle the nucleus. Viewers also find out about electric charges and how they balance out in an atom. Molecules, elements, and compounds are also defined.
- A video, interactive quiz, and vocabulary definitions are all contained on the website
- Animation is multi-hued and visually appealing
- Cartoon characters are relatable teenagers
- Quick links to other videos about matter
- Be aware that the atom model displayed is the Rutherford-Bohr model, not the currently accepted cloud model