This Study Jams! Double-Digit Division lesson plan also includes:
- Join to access all included materials
RJ had an awesome basketball season this year! Use division by double-digit numbers to calculate his scoring average in this instructional presentation. Starting with an explanation of the terms dividend, divisor, and quotient, the long division process is then clearly modeled one step at a time. Following the presentation, the Try It! guided practice problems, allow learners to demonstrate their understanding of this fundamental math skill. Implement this resource during whole-group instruction or provide as an independent activity accompanying a lesson on long division.
- Models long division by double-digit numbers with and without remainders
- Test Yourself assessment includes a variety of practice problems involving double-digit division
- Includes a karaoke song that reinforces the divisibility rules
- Teacher must remind students how to properly line up numbers when performing long division
- Assumes an understanding of what it means to find an average