This Study Jams! Igneous Rocks interactive also includes:
- Answer Key
- Join to access all included materials
Dynamic music pumps up viewers as they learn about intrusive and extrusive igneous rocks. Presentation slides include a graphic depiction of magma below Earth's surface , photographs of lava exploding and flowing, and close-ups of igneous rock samples. Each slide contains a few sentences of information that will educate viewers about how igneous rocks are formed. Consider using this presentation along with a rock cycle video and presentations on the other rock types, links to which are provided at the bottom of the webpage.
- Provides a sufficient introduction to igneous rocks
- A sing-along activity helps junior geologists understand how igneous rocks fit into the rock cycle
- Assessment questions and key vocabulary definitions included
- As a stand-alone, the presentation is incomprehensive; combine it with presentations on sedimentary and metamorphic rocks