This Study Jams! Mean/Average interactive also includes:
- Answer Key
- Join to access all included materials
Join Zoe as she calculates the average number of points RJ scored in his basketball games. This step-by-step presentation clearly models the procedure for finding the mean of a data set, including examples with both whole number and decimal answers. After viewing the presentation, work through the Try It! problems as a whole class before assigning the Test Yourself questions as independent practice. An excellent supplement to a lesson series on data analysis.
- Provides real-world contexts for finding the average of a data set
- Includes a karaoke song that reinforces the definitions of mean, median, and mode
- Presentation slides and Try It! practice problems are printable
- Assumes students know how to write quotients with remainders as decimals