This Study Jams! Prime Factorization interactive also includes:
- Answer Key
- Join to access all included materials
Deepen the number sense of young mathematicians by exploring the process of prime factorization. Follow along with this step-by-step presentation that explains how factor trees are used to break a composite number down into its prime factors. Consider taking time during the presentation for learners to share different approaches to factoring the numbers given in the examples. A great supplement for a lesson on prime factorization, either as part of whole class instruction or as an independent learning activity.
- Multiple strategies are modeled for finding the factors of composite numbers
- The Test Yourself assessment includes a variety of questions related to prime factorization
- The presentation and Try It! practice problems are printable
- Prior to viewing the presentation, teacher must review the definitions of prime and composite numbers