This Study Jams! Rate interactive also includes:
- Answer Key
- Join to access all included materials
Zoe is reading books over vacation and wants to know at her current rate, how many will she finish by the end. Building on prior knowledge of fractions and ratios, young mathematicians learn how equivalent rates are used to answer her question. After viewing the presentation, work through the practice problems as a class before assigning the Test Yourself questions as independent classwork. A great resource for making connections between math class and the real world.
- Includes step-by-step instructions for finding equivalent and unit rates
- Presentation and guided practice problems are printable
- Word problems involve a variety of contexts dealing with rate
- Assumes learners are able to solve one-step algebraic equations involving multiplication