This Study Jams! Rounding Decimals activities & project also includes:
- Join to access all included materials
Jeans length is a hot topic for preteens, and in this lesson, Mia helps us figure out how to round the length of various pairs so that Zoe can get some as close to 32.45 inches as possible. She uses a number line or ruler to prove the solution.
34 Views 30 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- High-quality resource provides step-by-step instruction
- Adaptable to Common Core State Standards in fifth grade math
- Guided practice and independent practice problems are both provided on the website
- In the example, you might expect that the 31-inch pair of jeans would be 32 inches long in order to make the lesson more thorough; fortunately the Watch Out! feature is more precise