Develop young mathematicians' fluency with subtracting mixed numbers using this collection of practice problems. Addressing the subtraction of mixed numbers with and without regrouping, this resource clearly models each process before asking students to complete a series of skills practice questions.
- Complete these problems as guided and independent practice during a lesson on subtracting mixed numbers
- Create a packet out of these worksheets, explaining the examples before asking students to complete the practice problems
- When presenting the example problems, demonstrate for students how to visually model the subtraction of mixed numbers
- Six different examples are provided that demonstrate how to subtract mixed numbers with and without regrouping
- A total of 11 problems are included that offer students a variety of opportunities to practice subtracting mixed numbers