There's got to be a better way. Scholars learn that the distributive property does work with subtraction and not just addition. Using that fact, the video shows how to find the product of two numbers by rewriting a complicated number as a difference.
- Provide opportunities where pupils need to determine how to compose or decompose the number to use the distributive property
- Ask classmates to write letters to an absent class member explaining why the distributive property works with subtraction
- Pupils should be comfortable with the distributive property and commutative property
- Checks the answers by using addition
- Includes links to similar videos