Dive deeper into subtraction. The presenter shows two more ways to use the definition of subtraction to solve subtraction problems. Using the distributive and commutative properties, pupils learn how to solve problems such as subtracting from a negative number and subtracting a larger positive number from a smaller positive number.
- Give the class several problems to solve using the similar properties
- Assumes scholars know what it means to distribute the negative
- Individuals should be comfortable adding signed numbers
- Works out the examples to demonstrate the concepts
- Contains connections to other related videos