"If at first you don't succeed, try, try again." This statement has never rung truer than when engineers are testing solutions. Here is an informative video that focuses on the failure point which engineers often face when testing solutions, and how they persevere till the most successful result is found.
- Flip the classroom; assign the video link to be watched at home, then discussed in class
- Discuss instances of perseverance and how not giving up applies to the world of engineering
- This is the 11th episode in a series of 17 videos designed to educate pupils about engineering and the process engineers take to solve problems
- The engaging graphics, cartoon characters, sound effects, and jokes keeps class members interested throughout the entire episode
- Aligns with Next Generation Science Standards
- Host speaks rather quickly; be sure to pause or replay the video to check for understanding