This Sugar Spill! activity & project also includes:
Sugar isn't good for you, but it's great for yeast! Scholars design an experiment to investigate how variables affect the rate of sugar consumption in yeast. The last installment of a nine-part Life Science unit considers how scientists can use yeast to clean up a sugar as a way of biomediation.
- Invite an environmental engineer to give a presentation
- Learners need to be able to determine the volume of a sphere
- Activity requires various materials; see resource for complete list
- Includes worksheet with answer key
- Provides some troubleshooting tips and safety considerations