This Suitcase Circle activity & project also includes:
Analyze patterns in a circular arrangement. After using a geometric construction to complete a circle, learners use proportional reasoning to make predictions. By determining the length of an arc built from suitcases, they estimate the total number of suitcases.
- Import the image into Desmos or GeoGebra to have pupils complete the construction
- Incorporate during a unit on circle relationships
- Ensure a solid understanding of circumference and arc length prior to the lesson
- Includes a handout for pupils to follow
- Provides a practical use for geometric constructions