This Summer Fun... activities & project also includes:
Extend learning through summer with these activity ideas! Individuals can choose one or all nine of the activities, which range from a summer reading goal to an examination of local insects (with accompanying story prompt). See the materials for an extra resource for supporting summer reading for kids.
- Coordinate with the grade level teachers a year above or below you to create a requirement involving some of these summer activities
- Hand this out during the last week of school to students or parents
- There aren't many supporting materials to go with these activities, but for the most part, they aren't necessary; you could create a few items to further encourage pupils to participate in the activities
- You will find a nice resource for the summer reading portion in the materials, which lays out an eight-week literacy plan that you can provide for students and parents
- Comes with a variety of different activities to choose from that are all fun, but still tap into skills pupils learn throughout the school year
- The activities also encourage learners to go outside and explore