This Sums of Geometric Series interactive also includes:
Geometric series either get bigger or approach a single number. So, how do you know which it is? An interactive presents three different geometric series with varying common ratios. With the aid of patterns, pupils determine values of r that will make a series divergent or convergent. Learners determine the formula for the sum of the first n terms of a geometric series.
- Lead a discussion on whether all geometric series with a common ratio less than one are divergent
- Assumes the class is familiar with geometric sequences
- Users must sign up for a free CK-12 account before accessing the resource
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Lets students see the correct answer if necessary
- Provides additional examples and problems in the supplemental material