This Super Bear: Comparing Mass interactive also includes:
A super bear is a whole lot of gummy bear. Scholars hone their estimation skills by completing an activity. Given the masses of a mini gummy bear and a regular gummy bear, they must determine the number of each needed to have the same mass as a super bear.
- Have a contest to see which classmate can guess the closest number before doing any math
- A free PBS account is necessary to access the interactive
- Requires some items of different sizes, such as small and large marshmallows
- One piece of the larger Math at the Core: Ratios series
- Requires participants to explain their reasoning
- Includes support materials for the activity