This Super Slinger Engineering Challenge activity & project also includes:
How well can you launch a ping-pong ball? Small groups design launchers that can launch a ping-pong ball 20 feet into a target. The teams follow the engineering design process as they develop a solution that meets the design requirements. The groups collect and evaluate data from their prototype testing and make recommendations for revisions.
- Research the engineering design process and review it with the class before beginning the process
- Have the teams share their design drawings with other teams to get feedback and suggestions
- You need an open space in order for teams to test their designs
- The challenge is the first of a four-part series
- The worksheets are in PDF and docx format
- Contains assessments to check for pupil understanding before, during, and after the activity