Formulas are an essential part of mathematics, so help your class master them. The concept video exposes learners to the elements of the surface area formula for cones. The examples demonstrate the process of using measurements within the formula to calculate the surface area.
- Have learners cut out nets for the cones and color them as they find the surface area of each piece
- Create a set of problems that includes surface area of different types of solids studied
- Lesson builds from the previous two lessons in this series on cones
- One example requires the Pythagorean Theorem to find the slant height
- Examples do not include context, which distracts from the relevance of the topic