Combine the pieces of a three-dimensional solid to find the total surface area. The concept video introduces the formula for finding the surface area of a cylinder. The instructor then applies the formula to various examples, each finding a different unknown.
- Have pupils create a net and color in the parts as they find the surface area
- Learners should be familiar with the formula for area of a circle
- Continues from the previous two lessons in this series that focus on cylinders
- Spends time explaining the components of the surface area formula
- Video does not incorporate problem-solving examples