This Surprising Applications of the Magnus Effect video also includes:
In 1852, a German physicist, Magnus, talked about an effect first described by Isaac Newton in 1672. Part of a series, an interesting video explains the Magnus effect and previous attempts to apply it to transportation. It also shows a fascinating demonstration of the effect and future applications.
- Research the boats using this effect
- Discuss future applications of the Magnus effect
- Avoid the comment section, as it includes many words not appropriate for the classroom
- Includes links to videos about the technology mentioned
- Offers closed captioning in 25 languages for ELLs
- Connects history to future technology