This Sweatshops - Exploitation Is Never in Fashion lesson plan also includes:
- Lesson Plan
- Join to access all included materials
Here's a resource that brings home the idea that we are all part of a global community, that our actions have far reaching consequences. Class members examine the labels in their clothes, create a list of the manufacturers, the countries where the goods were produced, and then research the working conditions for the employees. Next, groups use what they have learned to create scripts for a "Sweatshop Fashion Show."
- Although the background is presented with a Canadian slant, the exercises and activities are appropriate for any country
- The activities produce an awareness of not only the working conditions in factories, but what individual consumers can do as well
- Complete directions for the activities and rubrics are included
- A sample script is not included in the resource