This Synge, Wilde, Shaw, and the Irish Renaissance: Crash Course Theater #36 video also includes:
Some of the greatest plays contain only one act. A video, the 36th in the Crash Course Theater and Drama playlist, provides an overview of playwrights connected to the Irish Renaissance, particularly J.M. Synge, who was known for his short plays. Other authors, such as W.B. Years and Oscar Wilde, as well as information on the history of the period, appear in the video.
- Project pictures of the Abbey Theatre to show how it has changed over time
- Read the short play In the Shadow of the Glen
- Includes a few minor curse words
- Provides a large amount of information in a short period of time
- Highlights lesser-known works of literature
- It is sometimes difficult to follow the timeline