This Table Tiling assessment also includes:
How many total tiles does it take to tile a table top? Learners apply geometric concepts to determine the number of tiles needed for a specific square table top, and then use the result to create expressions for the number of tiles needed for any square table top.
- Provide scaffolding for pupils struggling with the task
- Learners must have experience with quadratic expressions
- Though indicated as being aligned to F-LE, the resource does not cover this domain
- Simple context leading to complex solution so pupils are not overwhelmed
- Clear figures makes the activity easy to understand
- Contains some spelling errors