Buy me some peanuts and cracker jack! Inspire some competition between your learners with a baseball-themed reading game. Players take turns reading as many words as they can, and once they reach a card they can't read, they tally up their points for that inning.
- A great activity to send home for kids to practice with parents
- Use in a language arts center or during a recreation period
- Each card has a lot of color; consider printing up one set for your class and laminating them
- Try to match readers based on their reading level to minimize frustration
- Creative way to inspire decoding and sight reading
- Helpful for learners of all skill levels, including learners with dyslexia or other reading difficulties