Taking a Stand on Bullying
Middle schoolers stand up against bullying in a character-building lesson. After discussing historical figures who became advocates in times of adversity, they brainstorm ways to end bullying at their own school, and use a formal letter to voice their propositions.
- Create a cross-curricular unit between language arts and social studies
- Use during Women's History Month or when discussing the issue of bullying
- The final part of a five-lesson unit on philanthropy and advocacy
- Requires results from a survey from the fourth lesson in the unit
- Organized well
- Address writing, discussion, and data analysis skills