This Talking About Distance, Rate and Time lesson plan also includes:
- Answer Key
- Student Reference
- Join to access all included materials
Connect the tortoise and the hare fable to mathematics. Learners first identify key terms related to distance, rate, and time. They then solve distance/rate/time problems using different representations.
18 Views 14 Downloads
- Use the resource to introduce the distance/rate/time problems
- Learners need to be able to algebraically solve for one of the variables in the equation d = rt.
- Pupils should also know how to interpret contextual graphs
- Resource includes all answers to worksheets
- Each problem is considered using multiple approaches (graphs, bar models, algebra)
- Resource is aligned to outdated California state standards