An ancient puzzle game meets a modern implementation. Challenge mathematicians of all ages with this mind-bending geometric puzzle game.
This app is an excellent implementation of the traditional tangram puzzle game. Players can solve numerous different puzzles with a wide variety of difficulties using the puzzle's seven shapes.
Solve a Tangram Puzzle:
- Need to use all the pieces
- Pieces can not overlap
- Use the tablet touch features to move, rotate, and flip pieces.
- Double tap to get a hint, if help is needed
- Hints: Double tap to get a random hint. Hints are limited to only two for each puzzle.
- Master's Mode: Solve puzzles using only a small thumbnail image to guide you.
- Disable game center
- Reset: Resets all the puzzles for the player
- Songs: Set up a playlist. You can play music in your iTunes account or download music from the iTunes Store to play while you work on the puzzle.
- Player number: Can be one of three players (1, 2, or 3)
- Background: Can choose patterns reminiscent of a Zen garden with patterns of raked sand
- New designs on the puzzle pieces can be unlocked when puzzles are solved
- Use this app as a problem-solving activity. Challenge students to see how many they can solve. Rate puzzles based on difficulty.
- Work in small groups to problem solve. Have learners share their solutions.
- Use this app on the first day as a wonderful problem solving start to a geometry class or geometry unit
- It could be used to quietly challenge pupils who have completed a task or assessment early
- Players are identified only as one of three numbers, 1, 2, or 3
- There is no reporting feature
- You can measure your progress by counting the completed puzzles you have
- Game center can be turned off in settings
- Has many puzzles that will keep one challenged for a long long time
- Easy to use, intuitive interface
- The game is fairly sensitive to having the puzzle pieces in exactly the correct spot to correctly solve the puzzle. Sometimes moving puzzle pieces slightly to make sure they do not overlap or fit within the shadowed area will fix a problem to a puzzle that seems solved correctly, but is not being identified.