Middle schoolers are encourage to try their hand at traditional Oceania tapa art by crafting their own cloth using brown paper bags. Included in the resource is background information about the cultures of Oceania and their art.
86 Views 48 Downloads
- Plan a school-wide exhibit of the works produced
- A link is provided to a site where tapa samples may be purchased
- Although designed for the San Diego Museum of Art's February, 2010 exhibit "Oceanic Art: A Celebration of Form" the activity can be used independently
- The 11-page packet includes background information about tapa art, step-by-step directions for the project, links to additional resources, and a template for geometric designs
- Few examples are included in the packet