This TASC Transition Curriculum: Workshop 13 lesson plan also includes:
The six instructional shifts in this workshop definitely move math and science teachers' understanding of instruction. The workshop, 13th out of a series of 15, asks participants to examine sample tests and to look at how the six instructional shifts relate to their own summative assessments. Educators reflect on their lesson plans and work to include more of these shifts to promote academic success in problem solving.
- As an exit ticket, have participants reflect on how the workshop challenged or reinforced their views
- Have teachers sit in groups based on expertise to facilitate learning
- Requires chart paper, markers, and handouts
- Content examines math instruction in math and science settings
- Workshop facilitates collaboration among staff
- Material includes interesting multicultural extensions