Why Lesson Planet?
Find quality lesson planning resources, fast!
Share & remix collections to collaborate.
Organize your curriculum with collections. Easy!
Have time to be more creative & energetic with your students!
Designed to be used with a showing of the 1951 version of The Red Badge of Courage staring Audie Murphy, this learning guide includes discussion questions, suggestions for activities, and topics that can be discussed with parents.
18 Views 8 Downloads
- Show the same scene from the 1974 film staring Richard Thomas and the 1951 version and ask viewers to compare and contrast the versions
- Designed to be used with the 1951 film version of The Red Badge of Courage, the discussion questions and resource lists could be used with the novel as well
- Although the 1974 film staring Richard Thomas is available on YouTube, the version was not well received by critics
- Packet includes questions that focus on moral/ethical as well as social/emotional issues
- Also included is a list of other historical novels dealing with this time period, links to good Internet sites, and a list of assignments, projects, and activities that would work with any film of this type