Why Lesson Planet?
Melody, solo, melody. After a discussion of the structure of a jazz tune and of improvisation as it relates to jazz, young musicians listen to a jazz CD and then, using 2-track stereo digital audio software, place and label markers in an audio file. They then practice deleting, fading out, and fading in sections of the file.
- Have class members share their files
- Requires access to a computer lab with 2-track stereo digital audio software
- The resource includes a detailed plan
- Neither a link to a model nor a rubric are provided for the assignment
What Members Say
- Hilary D., Department chair
- Fresno, CA