This Team-Building and Communication Skills lesson plan also includes:
Scholars learn effective communication and problem-solving skills with a fun team-building exercise. Next, they work together to build a structure using candy and uncooked spaghetti. Finally, they discuss what they learned about how a team functions.
- Have small groups discuss the various roles members of a sports team play and how each one contributes to its overall success
- Requires several materials, including candy, uncooked spaghetti, measuring tape, a bandanna, a marble, and a plastic cup
- Second of three lessons from the Personal and Social Development module
- Includes teacher notes for easy implementation
- Provides essential questions and key understandings