According to the video, astronomy is like a jigsaw puzzle with an infinite number of pieces. The video explains the history and invention of telescopes, how they work, refraction versus reflection, and the changing technology. It stresses the applications of telescopes to astronomy and understanding our universe throughout.
- Offer extra credit for scholars who attend a star party with the local astronomy club
- Invite an astronomer to speak to the class about the different types of telescopes
- When showing the video in class, frame the page so the comments do not appear
- Includes instructions for selecting the correct telescope to buy
- Mentions the newest telescopes that sense more than just visible light and use photographs and videos to work on their own