This Tellagami app also includes:
- Graphic & Image
- Join to access all included materials
Bring the world of video messaging into your classroom with this creative communication application. Offering the ability to create animations with customized characters, backgrounds, and recorded messages, this resource is guaranteed to engage learnes in sharing their ideas with others.
Tellagami provides students with a new, creative method for self-expression. The process of making an animation, or Gami, begins with the creation of an avatar by selecting from a number of customizable options. After finishing the character, a background for the message is chosen with the ability to adjust the size, position, and orientation of the character within the desired setting. Finally, a message is either typed or recorded before saving and sharing the video with friends, classmates, family members, or teachers. The possibilities for using this app in the classroom are limited only by the imagination of you and your students.
Developing a Character:
- Skin tone
- Eye color
- Head size
- Hair style and color
- Emotion/facial expression
Choosing a Background:
- Take a picture or use one already saved on the device
- Select from the pre-made backgrounds provide in the app
- Customize backgrounds by adding doodles to them
Creating a Message:
- Record your own voice (30 second limit)
- Type a message (450 character limit)
- Choose from sixteen different male and female voices
There are no options for controlling students' access to e-mail and social media platforms.
Only allows for a single user account without the option of saving individual avatars or backgrounds.
How techie do I need to be?
- For learners with a fear of public speaking, allow them to use Tellagami to give oral presentations
- Use this storytelling resource to support children who are struggling with writing narratives
- Have children create videos that describe characters or settings from literature and/or history
- Allow students to create animations explaining vocabulary and figurative language encountered in literature
A primary feature of this resource is that it allows users to share their videos through e-mail, Twitter, Facebook, and text message. Be sure to provide learners with clear expectations regarding how and with whom they may share there messages.
Note that students will likely want to spend a lot of time personalizing the avatars in their videos. To keep them focused on the content of their message, consider providing the class with a time limit for character customization when using the app.
- A video tutorial is included that clearly demonstrates how to use the app
- Includes clear and colorful graphics
- Resource can be used across a wide range of grade levels
- Options for customizing avatars are somewhat limited