This Tension and Release: Creating Mindful Harmony (CTE) lesson plan also includes:
Perhaps the Doobie Brothers said it best when they sang, "Listen to the Music." With the third of four lessons from the Changing One's Tune: A Music Therapy STEM Integrated Project series, pupils discover the connection between music and mood. They first learn about tension and release and harmonic analysis. Then, they create harmonic progressions that correspond to different emotions.
- Challenge scholars to develop harmonies for different levels of a similar emotion, such as melancholy, sadness, and despair
- Great to use as a standalone lesson or as part of the series
- Must sign up for a free account to access the entire lesson
- Students should have access to computers and music production software and/or familiarity with notating, tabulating, or writing chord progressions
- Supports social and emotional learning
- Provides a helpful rubric to accurately assess performances