Terbium finds applications in hybrid cars and wind turbines—very important in today's quest to discover energy solutions! Learn more about this lanthanide in an episode from a series about each of the element on the periodic table. A chemistry professor shares the properties, history, and applications of terbium.
- Map the areas terbium is found
- Compare the radiation exposure from an X-ray before terbium use and after
- Relies on prior knowledge of rare earth metals
- Shares video of the mine where scientists discovered four chemical elements, including terbium
- Provides subtitles in English and Portuguese for visual learners