This Tessellations: Lesson video also includes:
Build a pattern by rotating a figure around one of its vertices. A segment of an extensive playlist on basic geometry introduces the concept of tessellations through regular tessellations. The video shows how to create tessellations and determines whether a particular figure can tessellate or not.
- Before watching the video, ask the class to find regular shapes that will tessellate
- Have groups of classmates create a pattern by tessellating a figure on a poster board
- Requires pupils to be knowledgeable about rotations
- Links to other tessellations resources including interactives
- Includes closed captioning