How do we know when water is safe to drink? Part seven of a 10-part videos series uses water quality as a platform to explore the behavior of halide ions in solution, Further tests help learners differentiate between precipitates that can look similar.
- Compare the results of the tests shown in the resource to similar tests using soluble halogen compounds, such as potassium iodide or sodium chloride
- Show the video prior to a water quality lab or lesson
- The class should have prior knowledge of writing net ionic equations, the periodic table, and solubility
- The video links the subject matter to a real-world topic for bigger impact
- Individuals benefit from seeing simple tests explained in clear terms