This Thanksgiving 1—Pilgrims and American Indians lesson plan also includes:
The Pilgrims first arrived in America in order to gain religious freedom. Here is a instructional activity that takes the class on this journey with the Pilgrims, stopping to look at how they got here, who they met when they arrived, and a peek into beginning life in America.
- Create a word wall or have learners define the important key words discussed throughout the lesson
- Assign class groups or partners a particular American Indian tribe to research and present the history of the tribe to the class
- The worksheets would work well for ELLs of any age
- Requires a map of the world and the United States
- Along with the lesson, the resource includes handouts, worksheets, an answer key, as well as extension ideas
- May need extra background information