This Thanksgiving Taters activity & project also includes:
What would a meal be without the taters? The question is, how long does it take to peel those potatoes? Given the rate of peeling one potato, scholars predict the time it takes to peel the bag. The twist is that the first potato was smaller than the others, so they must figure out what that means to the solution.
- Pair with additional lessons from the same author on the topic to create a series of inquiry-based activities
- Have pupils make solid predictions prior to calculating their answers
- Requires the ability to write and solve a proportion
- Encourages higher order thinking skills
- Provides the answer as a video