This The African Savanna lesson plan also includes:
- Join to access all included materials
Are you thinking about taking your class to the local zoo? Kids of all ages love visiting exotic animals in order to learn about biodiversity, habitat, and animal adaptations. Here is a 44-page activity guide that provides educators with a wide variety of pre-trip activities intended to enhance the overall field trip experience. Each activity is hands on and involves reading, research, creative thinking, and collaboration to facilitate interest and a deeper understanding of the curriculum. For example, one activity provides children with the opportunity to create a cheetah diorama.
- The activities can be used to enhance an upcoming field trip or seamlessly blended into a full unit or lesson
- Worksheets, background information, and vocabulary are all included
- This resource is specifically designed for a trip to the Staten Island Zoo in New York; however, these activities can be adapted to fit any local zoo or wildlife preserve
- Savanna is spelled incorrectly