This The Agricultural Revolution video also includes:
Rather than simply define the agricultural revolution, invite your learners to consider the advantages and disadvantages that agriculture has brought to humanity as a whole. John Green begins this first episode of this series by illustrating early humans as foragers and hunters, and progresses to a discussion of why the agricultural revolution occurred and what implications this has had on civilization and the environment.
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Connects history to modern considerations, and emphasizes reasons why to study history as a whole
- Extensive evidence provided to support speaker's main messages
- Engaging and descriptive animations
- Speaker moves quickly through material, and as such, video should be used to review concepts or prompt discussion rather than as a stand-alone lesson