Why Lesson Planet?
The attitudes of European settlers toward the American wilderness, as reflected in art and literature, is the focus of this resource packet designed for teachers. Included in the unit overview you will find lists or paintings and works of literature that may be used to demonstrate these attitudes.
- Have class members create PowerPoint presentations including slides of the mentioned art works
- A list of materials and resources is provided
- No images of the art or copies of the poems are attached; however, these materials are available on the Internet
- The six-page packet includes a wealth of background information about the painters, writers, and the time period
- No detailed lesson plans or activities are included in the unit overview
- Teacher Reference