This The Beginning of the Storm lesson plan also includes:
- Join to access all included materials
Introduce readers to Mildred Taylor's Roll of Thunder, Hear My Cry with a lesson that sets the context for the novel. Class members research the bigotry in Mississippi during the Great Depression and identify examples in the story of how families cope with the discrimination.
- Ask volunteers to adopt the voice of a character for the read alouds
- Requires a free account to download lesson handouts
- The first lesson in a three-part unit
- Includes step-by-step detailed instructions