This The Biogeochemical Cycle lesson plan also includes:
The biogeochemical cycle ... no physics? The fourth installment of a 23-part NOAA Enrichment in Marine sciences and Oceanography (NEMO) program introduces the biogeochemical cycle by having pupils simulate movement between Earth's systems. Pupils then read and analyze an article on the Southern Ocean Biogeochemical Divide.
- Use the resource to introduce the biogeochemical cycle
- Learners should already be familiar with the carbon cycle from the previous lesson
- Heavy reading load may be a challenge to some learners
- Kinesthetic activity keeps learners engaged in material
- Includes an actual article from NOAA