This The Breathtaking Courage of Harriet Tubman video also includes:
Escaping slavery only to return and escape again is quite a heroic act. The life of Harriet Tubman launches scholars into a world of courage, fear, and freedom. Using video clips and questions, young historians uncover the story of the courage of one of the leaders of the Underground Railroad.
- Create questions and have students answer them during the video clip
- Use a large map to track the Underground Railroad from the South to the North during slavery
- Requires audio and visual equipment for entire class viewing
- Resource provides multiple-choice and open-ended questions for use in the classroom
- Includes a guided discussion question as an assessment at the end of the lesson