This The Building Blocks of Matter lesson plan also includes:
Everything can be reduced to atoms. The first installment of a six-part Mixtures and Solutions unit focuses on the building blocks of matter. Scholars review basic atomic structure, including protons, neutrons, and electrons, in preparation for an activity.
- Have the class create a graphic organizer summarizing what they learn
- Some previous experience with atoms and molecules is beneficial
- There is an associated activity, Gumdrop Atoms, for the lesson
- Provides assessment options for all phases of the lesson
- Gives detailed lesson background information for instructors
- No student worksheet or handouts