This The Camera Obscura lesson plan also includes:
- Graphic & Image
- Join to access all included materials
You can create a camera with even the most unassuming materials. Learners view photographs and talk about the art. Some background information is included about the camera obscura for you to present before individuals make their own cameras with tissue boxes and toilet paper rolls. Using their cameras, they make observations about light.
- Once your class members have completed the camera-creating process, take it another step and have them make art using images they see in their cameras
- Create your own slide show of the provided images so that pupils can see the photos in greater detail
- You may wish to begin planning this in advance so that kids can bring in tissue boxes and toilet paper rolls to use to make their cameras
- Click around the tabs on the resource webpage to find many supporting and additional materials